Over the Thanksgiving break we completed a little exterior door project for Randolph schools. The original metal doorws had become twisted and problematic. The doors were set in a hollow metal frame. The frame was in good condition….it was just the doors and hardware that were no longer serving the needs of the school.
The solution was fairly easy and cost effective. We installed new heavy duty aluminum doors in the existing metal frames. Using continuous metal hinges provided a easy to operate door that should stay straight and true for many years. We installed new exit devices and keyed cylinders as the school district keeps these doors locked most of the time. New weatherstrip, thresholds and sweeps completed the project.