With the weather starting to warm up, we can safely say the renovating season is finally here. To ensure our clients are satisfied with their renovation process, we’ve put together a quick list of things you can do to prepare for your home for a renovation.
- Create a reliable communication system with your contractor right off the bat. This will eliminate any confusion or discomfort during the renovation process.
- Create a timeline with your contractor. The timeline should highlight the dates and times a renovation will be taking place. However, keep in mind timelines may subject to change due to weather or unforeseen events.
- Remove all furniture, wall hangings, valuable items, etc. from the remodeling area. This will ensure items will remain undamaged throughout the renovation.
- Store any items you do not need in a garage or basement. This will prevent your living space from becoming too cluttered.
- Keep children and pets AWAY from the construction area.
- Renovations often create a LOT of dust. We’ll cover any construction or high traffic areas with sheets of plastic to protect your home.
Whether you’re looking to renovate an unfinished basement or add an extra room to your home, Northfield Construction Company will work with you every step of the way. If you have any further questions regarding your home renovation or a future renovation, please feel free to give us a call!