Your commercial/retail space is the home to your business. It’s how you put a roof over your head and your employees’. Naturally, you want it to be at its best. Improving your workplace can be as simple as a remodel. These tips will help you make your workplace productive, practical, and polished.
- Flooring. Replacing your flooring can brighten up the workplace and give it a more professional appearance. Wood flooring in particular can provide a warm, approachable atmosphere in any space. If the price of wood is out of your price range, take a look at wood laminate flooring. This guide from HGTV is a good start.
- Space. Is that one wall inhibiting your display area? What about the windowless conference room in your office? When remodelling, consider the functionality of your space. Discuss your problems with your remodelers, and together you can come up with a creative and practical solution.
- Paint. A fresh coat of paint is revitalizing and refreshing. The right paint color can open up your space, spark creativity, and set a mood.
- Ceilings. You might not look up all that often, but a ceiling is a large part of your space. (Literally speaking, it’s as large as the floor.) If standard tiles aren’t cutting it for you, consider the affordable popcorn or decorative ceiling tiles.
- Bathroom. Because the bathroom is a small space in most offices, stores, and commercial spaces, it is easy to notice its faults. It is also easy to make it faultless. Updating basic fixtures, re-tiling, and installing unique features can quickly convert this small space.
- Trim. Updating the trim in your space polishes off the beautiful space you have created. If you’re up for something different, opt for ornate woodwork or a pop of color. While you’re at it, take a shot at your baseboards as well.