We have just about finished up our work in the basement of our East side remodeling project. The windows have all been replaced, the stairs rebuilt, the toilet room constructed, insulation and electrical work improved, and the walls and ceiling painted. The space is so much brighter now with the surfaces painted. We have yet to paint the floor, then things will be wrapped up on this level.
We moved up to the second floor and the attic. In the attic we are adding foam insulation to seal up air leaks. The homeowners have had problems with ice dams caused by heat by-passes, so the foam insulation should really help with that problem. We will have to cover the foam with drywall, so we are adding some electrical work while we are in the attic. We’ve also added framing reinforcements and rafter braces to make sure the roof structure is solid.