100_4399 A client called us earlier this month with a concern100_4400 about a wood enclosure around a fireplace. The 1980’s house showed some signs of moisture entering the enclosure. We investigated and found there was in fact a leak. But since it was on the inside of the fireplace chase no one really detected it for many years….until it showed up as deterioration on the exterior siding. We pulled off the existing siding, replaced framing as needed and are closing up the chase with new pre-finished siding. While doing this work we also added fire resistive drywall to the interior surfaces of the chase. Good to take care of this type of maintenance issue and not let other problems develop.


Author Since: 25 / Apr / 2018

About Author