Neuger Communication Open House

Yesterday afternoon Neuger Communications hosted an open house for the community. They gave everyone an opportunity to view the remodeling project we completed for them over the summer. This project was a wonderful adaptive reuse of an existing building in downtown Northfield. The building was originally constructed in 1966 as a bank...

Happy Thanksgiving to All

The staff at Northfield Construction Company wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. We hope you are able to enjoy time with your families and friends. We also urge everyone to be very careful in cooking thier Thanksgiving dinner, especially if a oil turkey cooker is involved. The holiday season is a big time for fires....extension co...

NAF and Winter Walk

Yesterday was full of fun events. In the late afternoon I went to the Ole Store as part of my Northfield Area Foundation duties. I have served on the Northfield Area Foundation (NAF) board of governors for about 5 years. This is a great organization that works to raise funds for the foundation.  Then each year NAF disperses funds to...

Happy New Year

I want to wish everyone in the Northfield area a Happy New Year! My employees and I especially want to thank our wonderful customers. We  had a reasonably busy 2011 in what has generally been a pretty tough construction economy. We completed a variety of projects ranging from commercial renovations, new homes, residential remodelin...

Truss Patterns

We set the roof trusses on our office expansion project. The roof has a single slope to match the slope on the existing building and the trusses run the full width of the building. I like to see the patterns that trusses create. I always think back to my 10th grade geometry teacher as I see all the right triangles. He made sure we un...

Laura Baker Services

Laura Baker Services

Northfield Construction Company had a foursome at the Laura Baker Services golf fundraiser  outing yesterday. What a beautiful day for an important and fun event! Phil Olson and I represented the NCC part of the foursome, along with Mike Schulz of Schulz Electric and Bill Johnson, retired Rice County District Judge. We had a great t...

Winter Walk in Northfield

Winter Walk in Northfield

Last night was the Winter Walk community event in Northfield. The temperatures were mild and it was a lovely evening to be strolling around on Division Street seeing people and vendors. I attended with my family that now includes two grandchildren. This was a perfect event for little ones as it was exciting to be out in the dark with...

Little Library in the Woods

Little Library in the Woods

This past weekend Ellen and I were at our lake cottage. Earlier in the week I made a "Little Library" to mount at the end of our driveway. Since it was being mounted in a cabin area I made it to look a bit like a cabin. I used all salvaged materials, except for the glass on the door....donated by ....and the door latch....

Watch Out for School Buses!

Watch Out for School Buses!

With the kids returning to school, we'd just like to remind all of our great followers to watch out for school buses on the road. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a total of 174 school-age children died in school transportation related accidents from 2003 to 2013. 119 of those students were p...

Prepare Your Home for a Safe Halloween

Prepare Your Home for a Safe Halloween

We love watching the trick-or-treaters come to our door every year with their enthusiasm and clever costumes. So we want a safe Halloween for all children this year, which is why we've come up with a few safety tips. If you plan on preparing your home for Halloween, safety should be the biggest priority. Do not leave out ...