Thanksgiving Day

I hope all readers enjoyed a good Thanksgiving day and were able to spend it with family and friends. November has brought rather mild weather to Minnesota so it made traveling a bit easier for folks.

Ellen and I and our children enjoyed a Thanksgiving day meal at my sister’s home in Northfield so we didn’t deal with...

Merry Christmas

I want to wish all our present clients, past clients, and readers of our website a very Merry Christmas. With talk of winter weather arriving we all must take care to see that friends and family are safe and that travelers know what conditions are like. It has been wonderful to see the Christmas decorations this year. Our own off...

Deer

Early this spring I posted about a deer family that was hanging around at my home. Ellen and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the doe with her triplet fawns. We would see them from time to time as the fawns lost their spots and started to grow up. Then we didn’t see them for a stretch late this fall, and hoped they didn’t end up...

Winter Frost

Yesterday was one of those beautiful winter days where the trees, wires, poles and grasses were covered with a soft white frost. This is the kind of frost that is pretty but isn’t damaging. Sometimes we get blasts from winter that coat everything with heavy clear ice which pulls wires, breaks poles and causes havoc. This gentle...

Continuing Education

Yesterday I spent all day in a contractor’s continuing education class. It was hosted by the Rice County building inspections divisions of the Cities of Northfield and Faribault, and Rice County. The event was held at the Northfield Ballroom and with 80 people was well attended. Lampert Lumber in Northfield was a sponsor as well...

NAF Grants Breakfast

Because of my continuing education course conflict yesterday I was not able to attend the Northfield Area Foundation grants breakfast. I have served as a director for the Northfield Area Foundation (NAF) for several years. NAF is a community organization dedicated to improving Northfield. We raise funds and allocate a portion of t...

Northfield Home Show

Northfield Construction Company will once again be part of the Northfield Spring Home show. It is being held this Saturday, April 10th from 9:00AM to 3:30PM at Bridgewater Elementary school in Northfield. The show is free to the public, as always. It is a great time to wander around, look at new products, and visit with old and ne...

Home Show

Saturday was indeed a great day for the Northfield Home show. The weather was perfect and people enjoyed getting out and visiting the show. Groups of people started out right at the 9:30 opening and kept up very steady until early afternoon. I staffed our booth all day, showing people photos of some of our completed work. Attende...

Cemstone Lunch Seminar

Today several of Northfield Construction Company’s employees and I attended a lunch and seminar at . They are located right across the street from our shop. We have a long relationship with Cemstone. NCC purchases most of our concrete from Cemstone and also constructed their truck maintenance facility on the site. Many of the l...

Taste of Northfield

The Northfield Downtown Development Corporation (NDDC) is hosting their annual ‘Taste of Northfield’ event again this year. They are adding a new twist----two days! It starts tonight at 4:00PM and also is being held tomorrow night. This has always been a well attended, fun event. Plan to come to Bridge Square in downtown North...