Are you looking to update your home this spring? Here are five great projects to get started on! Whether you’re hoping to add some insulation or you want to make your kitchen more efficient, these projects will help you get the most out of your home. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your spring home improvement project today!
- Repair Storm Damage: We’ve had some turbulent weather this spring, and your home could have taken a hit. Wind and hail damage to your roof might seem minor, until water enters your home. A professional should review winter ice dams and other weather-related destruction to your roof, siding, or even your foundation. But beware of storm chasers! If someone knocks on your door, be cautious and ask for credentials.
- Improve Insulation: Spring is the time to ensure your home is energy efficient! Consider assessing the situation: Is your home not properly insulated? What type of insulation, R-value, and thickness do you have currently? Check places like the attic, walls, and floors. Energy.gov provides a great resource to learn more about insulation and what is best for your home.
- Outdoor Building/Spaces: If you are considering a new patio, deck, pool, fence, or playground equipment, now is the time! Save enough nice Minnesota weather to enjoy your hard work and your new investment. There are many great resources to get ideas for the backyard that’s the envy of the neighborhood – Pinterest, HGTV and HOUZZ!
- Major Home Improvements: Remodeling a kitchen, bathroom or basement can be messy, time-consuming and disruptive to your daily routine. During the spring, summer and early fall, you can open the windows, cook supper on the grill, and enjoy your yard.
- Plant Trees and Improve the Lawn: Tree roots like cool soil, so spring and fall are ideal for planting. Fertilizing your lawn or spraying for weeds in the hot summer months can cause significant damage. Consider reviewing this University of Minnesota Extension website for a guide to lawn care in our area.
Whether you’re repairing storm damage, improving insulation, or working on your outdoor spaces, there are plenty of major and minor projects you can do to make your home look and feel better. If you’re not sure where to start, give us a call. We’d be happy to help with any construction project, big or small!