If you’re considering a new home and you want it all, but you can’t afford a mansion, consider multifunctional spaces. Today, more of us are using our homes in so many ways – to work, play, entertain, workout, and, of course, cozy up and sleep. Maximize your square footage by creating rooms that do double or triple duty!
- Kitchen & dining room: A formal dining room is the least used room in a house. Create a kitchen with space for a dining table that can be used every day AND host formal dinners.
- Home office & guest room: Include a fold-away/Murphy bed that is both beautiful and functional.
- Kitchen & home office: Instead of a separate room, add a desk in the kitchen that matches your cabinets – easy and accessible for the whole family.
- Home gym & garage: This one might sound a little… odd (especially in Minnesota). However, you’d be surprised how many garages are not only oversized, but also finished and heated. Choose the garage if you don’t want a treadmill, exercise bike, or bench and weight rack cluttering your basement. You might even get more privacy for your workout!
- Library & family room: If you’ve dreamt of floor-to-ceiling bookshelves with a rolling ladder, put it in the family room!
Let Northfield Construction Company be your guide to a home that includes it all, and fits in your perfect lot.